samedi 7 juillet 2007

Jen Garrido

Jen Garrido, Around and Around , 2007, oil on panel, 36" x 36"

Jen Garrido, Panda Hug , 2007, oil on panel, 12" x 12"

Jen Garrido, Laced Ledge, 2007, oil on panel, 33" x 33 "

Jolies tableaux
Beautiful painting.

"During the process of reworking the layers, I begin to project internal images and forms, responding to personal narrative, internal dialogue and imagery that arises. In my newest paintings, I am still working with forms and rhythms that allude to those found in nature, but they have become less decorative more hybrid and formal, with complicated, tangled, overlapping shapes that weave in and out. In some work, I am referencing ladders and holes, shapes that I respond to as openings or entryways; in others, human gestures such as a hip jutting to the side or an arm stretched out, or branch-like animated shapes that could be tree trunks, legs or knees." From artist website

http://www.jengarrido.com